View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
m-dogg
Pro

OVR: 6
Great new additions, but Madden still being held back by old limited camera options?

I am pretty excited for Madden13, but a lot of that excitement has been tempered when the devs announced the Superstar (CC) cameras were the same as last year and that it does not look like there will be a reverse camera for defense this year again.

Last year was the first time I did not play Superstar for more than week, because the camera options were so horrendous. I still do not know why they took out the previous year's supertar/playerlock camera as this was great for being down on the field - especially for defensive players.

Then they announce connected careers, and pimp hard how you can play as one player -- but every preview says you should probably just be an offensive player if anything since the camera options are so limited. I thought defense was finally going to be fun this year with the Infinity engine and non-canned tackling for once, but I can't help feel that the camera holds this advancement back by not giving us a "reverse" defensive-up camera and superstar/playerlock camera to use on D.

playing down on defense makes no sense in this day and age, I can't imagine the outcry if 2k forced players to defend hoops this way or EA NHL was locked playing defensively down...but we just have to take it in Madden because a minority of complainers do not want to have to adjust to a new camera view. of course the easy solution would just to be include both cameras as options, make everyone happy.

anyway, didnt want this to turn into a rant (too late) -- but I hope they can look into getting some new camera options in CC and equally important OTP. OTP was a blast playing defense up when it debuted, some kids complained, and now OTP was back to D-down last year (D was un-fun again).

If the ifinity engine really is a game changer like they are saying, then let us view it how it should be seen when playing defense!
Advertisements - Register to remove