View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #1209
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
This reminds me of when Madden 10 came out and people realised protak wasn't very good. EA fans would chastize the critics with a "you guys wanted consectutive hit tackles and EA gave us pro-tak. They are moving in the right direction at least".

So let's look at your examples. It plays out a lot like Protak if you ask me. You mention the new pass mechanics. However, the NCAA vids show some pretty serious route manipulation at times.

The game has physics but it's centered around the ball carrier/wrs for the most part. Seems like it would be great for chip blocks and finally rid us of the engage/disengage blocking system Madden has had since 2000. Again EA didn't go far enough in my opinion.

The new online franchise is a huge improvement over previous years but it's came at the cost of offline features that are very important to some guys. I totally understand some guys displeasure here.

My point is each and every addition put into Madden 13 that OS screamed for hasn't quite had the affect some of us were hoping for or comes at the cost of something else. Going off the E3 vids at least.
Point taken, but people didn't realize about Pro-tak until the game was in their hands. I have NCAA and I enjoy the pass trajectories and animations a lot. I'm not alone in this feeling,either.

Maybe others will hate the new pass trajectories and new animations as much as they hated pro-tak if they go into it feeling like that.

Just saying we should all wait the experience on our own vs E3 vids. Sage admitted the demo and E3 vids didn't do any justice for him, but the game did.