View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
RedZoneD25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: 3 Things That Irritate You About The WWE Right Now

1) Belts mean nothing/no prestige/air-time:

Growing up, I was fortunate to see Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, HHH and Undertaker (among others) in their primes. The main thing that separates this era of men from today's is that I don't see the same drive and passion to own a belt. Some do, but it's not as prevalent. I'm not naive to place it on the Superstars only though, as WWE doesn't care about a single title other than the two brand championships. I was watching SummerSlam 2001, and there was an incredible ladder match between Jeff Hardy and RVD for the HARDCORE TITLE. These two guys poured everything that they had into a belt that originally started off as a Mick Foley gag. The closest I've seen to a guy who lives and breathes wanting a belt since my return to watching full time was Zack Ryder's quest for the US Championship last year.

2) Booking:

I don't have a problem with the writing of angles so much, as a fan I'll make the best of it unless it's just terrible...but the placement of the card has me upset. There is NOBODY above the WWE Championship...except for John Cena? I get the political crap, but if that's how it has to work than just give him the belt back because I want to see the Championship at main events. Punk has put on some great matches at PPVs, and yet John Cena vs. John Laurinaitis snags top billing?? **** YOU, WWE.

3) RAW moving to 3 hours and SmackDown still existing:

Five hours of WWE is a lot in a week, and that number goes to 8(9?) if there's a PPV. I feel WWE could improve the health and travel schedule of their Superstars if SmackDown were to be killed off. It's easier said than done, but I'd dissolve the brand split completely, trim the fat off the roster and continue on with a one show on Monday deal. This will never happen, as the WWE is going to have to overdose on their own product before anything changes. My main fear is that an extra hour will spread themselves too thin.

I can't do just three, here's one more:

Can't stand how or why there must be writers in promos. A quick remedy to seeing who has "it" would be to force the talent to write their own promos like they used to. Would Sheamus have a lick of personality if it weren't for his scriptwriter? Considering he doesn't possess that much of it now, I'd have to say no. The cream will rise to the top. Coach them, do whatever, but do not pre-script.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 07-21-2012 at 12:55 PM.