View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #21
pabryant
Rookie

OVR: 6
@ImaGamer_OS
Do you feel the same way about the accomplishments of Joe Pa, Sandusky, and the coaching staff of Penn State that were/are incriminated and/or involved in Penn State University's recent scandal? The benchmark they set is also once in a lifetime. Would you open up with them in a discussion of the greatest coaching staff in NCAA football history? If so, you may stop reading, I concede to your consistency. If not, then you must ask yourself, "why not?" And in doing such, any inconsistency between the two is founded in you, yourself, standing upon your own ivory tower or soap box, if you will. My statement was not without vivid example of the difference in treatment from one great athlete to another great athlete, purely based on dissection of the flaws of an individual. A common practice throughout the media. It is done to shape/manipulate audience emotion, causing strong reactions, not unlike your own in defense of Micheal Phelps, so that they, the media, can make money.
Those that proclaim his greatness also stand upon their ivory tower and/or soap box and proclaim it. They choose to ignore his indiscretions while choosing those whom do not meet Mr. Phelps' profile, and/or Mr. Phelps' unique ability to make them money presently, as targets of remembrance of their flaws; because THAT is what makes them more money than the former.
If this is not clear enough, we can freely discuss it in a tactful way outside of this post. I never shy away from the opportunity to be further educated in a subject.
Good day
Advertisements - Register to remove