Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
prd689
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Far too many interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
First, let me say that Im a veteran of the game. Ive been playing Madden since 1991 on the NES, and NCAA since the mid-90s on the PS1. Ive played thousands of games against the CPU, and Dynasty is the only way that I play.

I traditionally run a relatively safe, west coast style offense. I like to run the ball about half the time, and throw a lot of short and mid range passes, only going deep what its obviously open or I need long yardage. I throw a lot of slants, short outs, and passes in the flat to the RB and TE. My goal is a lot of completions, a high completion percentage, and very few turnovers. 10-15 play drives are commonplace.

Then, in this year's game, the CPU has forced me to change everything up. In about 30 games so far in two different dynasties, 95% of the CPU teams that I play against play an EXTREMELY agressive defense where they blitz on almost every play and go tight man coverage almost exclusively (never zone). This leads to my running backs being tackled in the backfield on what should generally be very safe plays on early downs, and forces me to pass the ball about 75% of the time.

Beyond that, the style of the defense causes my offensive system to fail more than it suceeds, and Im left with no choice but to play like a 13 year old and go deep way too often. The CPU jumps even the safest routs on the sideline and picks the ball off, usually with LBs and SS. I cant even complete a four yard pass on 1st and 10 to the RB without the opposing defense reading it as if it were the most obvious and only choice. The same happens with slants over the middle, and on passes to the TE, a defender as many as 10 yards away will close on the ball in an instant and pick it off.

All of this leads to me throwing 2-4 picks a game, which drives me nuts, and also forces me to go deep on almost every drive. My typical games (7 min quarters, All American, default sliders), I end up with 400+ passing yards, 50 of fewer rushing yards, four to six TD passes and 3-4 picks. Not satisfying or realistic. In my last completed season, I threw for over 50 TDs, but had over 30 picks, and was last in the country in rushing offense.

Any ideas? Does the CPU always jump the safe, short to medium range passes no matter what, and always give up the big play? It seems crazy.
It is my understanding that they tightened up Man coverage on slants of any kind to eliminate "cheesing." They also eliminated the ability to run slants to the sideline due to faulty CPU AI ability to properly cover it.

Most people that have passing offenses run whips and curls because it's the new slant play. Yes it does seems as though their aggressiveness has been notched up a bit. If you don't like your results you might check out some of the sliders in the Slider Forums on this site. Lots of people do some good adjusting to make games more realistic if that's the feel you're going for.

Hope this helps mate.