View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #17
RateSports
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabar87
Hey RS,

I just gave the new rosters a try, good job. The first thing I noticed was how the new logos POPPED with crisper detail and more vibrant/accurate colors. The jerseys I've seen look great and the endzone paint is much improved. Gameplay seems a little different but I can't quite put my finger on how yet. I'm playing as the New England Patriots in a full season right now (I'm happy to see you made Gronk a beast!) and I have some suggestions for the roster. For my best piece of advice skip to the bottom red text and decide if you want to go back and read the rest.

I like what Kevin Faulk did for the Pats (and tried to do) as much as the next Pats fan, but he shouldn't be on this roster, let alone as a Fullback. Same goes for Addai. I can see why you set Woodhead as a FB because who knows we might see him and Ridley or Vereen sharing the field in some kind of Pro formation this season. New England is carrying some FBs right now but time will tell if they keep them on the 53.

Nobody knows what their OLine will end up looking like but it's safe to say Matt Light won't be a part of it.

Lastly for offense I see the WR depth going Lloyd (#85 now), Gaffney, Welker (he should be in this #3 slot position even though he is better), Stallworth, then either Branch/Edelman/Slater.

On the other side of the ball I found some glaring issues. Chieftly the secondary, for CB's you have Dennard, Arrington, Wilhite, Butler and Edelman. It's as though I stepped into some kind of tear in the time space continuum and I won't go into further detail only to say it needs serious attention.

The DLine looks mostly ok, Wilfork should start ahead of Warren though. The LB core could be a little different by the time the season rolls around, we'll see. Safety should start with Chung ahead of Wilson, McCourty should be a CB and the rest is anyone's guess.

Special Teams roster is fine.

I can't speak for the whole roster because I'm only familiar with the Pats so far this year, but Backbreaker NFL 13 appears to be a serious upgrade in Art over last year and a time warped, borderline mess in rosters and depth. BUT these things are easy to change, and I expect we will see future updates as the season progresses since we're so early now. (great job beating Madden to the punch btw!) This roster is a great starting point but needs work, my best advice would be to wait until the first week of the regular season plays out and make an update based on those starting rosters. It may be later than some people want but it will be right, and that's what really matters.

On a side note- to everyone reading this thinking "Wow this guy's a whiney douche" I just donated to this man, (EVERYONE WHO CAN SHOULD DONATE!!!) and I'm not demanding these changes I just offer them as advice for improvement. Also, for each update that I see major improvement in I will treat like true DLC and contribute a little more since I actually value the time and effort you are putting into this. Well... and I really hate EA Sports.

Keep up the good work,
K.B.
Appreciate all the insight and the donation. I really appreciate it.

Just so this is on record, the Patriots roster is NOT as up-to-date as the other 31 teams. This is due to multiple reasons but the primary being that it is my favorite team and I usually gloss over them before release (since they are the first to be updated).

It took 3 weeks to adjust all the other teams & test (so the Pats are about 3 weeks out of date).

Rest assured fans, the Patriots (and others) will be updated soon. Expect a patch soon