View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
Dj_MyTime
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does the ratings team even watch the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think this is what Dj is referring to and this coach does a much better job of explaining it than I ever could. The free style nature of audibling in Madden needs to go away or at least provide more realistic representation of the difficulty through risk of confusion when going into an entirely different formation.

http://usafootball.com/news/coaches/...dibles-defense
This. Many teams audible but they might check out of a blitz into man, zone, or vice versa. But to see a 4-3 personnel package audible to a dime/quarters front or vice versa is the kind of stuff that should be limited as to prevent audibling down just to get FASTER DB'S at LB positions for blitzs.

Offensively things like formation shifts exist and in a way you can re-create that in Madden. What I'd like to see more of is awareness factoring in to the amount/success of QB audibles at the LOS. Also AWR should play a roll for the skill positions in regards to them 'executing' the audibled route etc.

As things stand Spd, Acc, Hit Pwr, Prss, BSH are the most sought after attributes (all physical), meanwhile awareness, route running, Play Recognition are afterthoughts for many. The game is played with a mental edge, I'd just like to see more of that represented in Madden.

Lower difficulties for casuals who don't know better is where calling whatever should be able to work to a fault. But on All-Madden at the least, if you call quarters and I'm in '22' (2 HB's/2TE's) I should destroy your defense if I run. The game should reward those with a football IQ, not a Madden IQ; while being accessible to the casuals through the rookie/pro difficulties.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove