Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #43
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
Do the math on your "chances." Assuming he didn't edit out any of the drives, this is FSU's approximate drive chart:

4 plays. 80 yards :25 (TD)
1 play. (INT)
2 plays, 80 yards :15 (TD)
3 plays, 50 yards :15 (FG as half ended)
7 plays, 80 yards 1:05 (TD)
5 plays, 70 yards 1:25 (FG)
4 plays, 80 yards :30 (TD)
--> This is where he has to make his decision.

So, your plan is to kick the ball deep and give him only 40-45 seconds to drive the field for a TD? I mean, he'd only done that three times in his seven possessions and then promptly added a 4th after the turnover.

Bama was getting completely scorched by this guy's passing game (400+ yards), going for it was absolutely the right call. When you compare how well Bama had been moving the ball on offense to how horribly they had been playing D, then surrendering possession is completely insane.
Yes I would have punted it too him with a huge possibility of pinning him inside the 20 with 30-40 seconds left(No timeouts) and took a chance with my defense. I personally don't know what kind of coverage he was playing anyway but I would have been in some kind of coverage where he would have had no choice but to throw it underneath.. Seems like he kept calling some kind of coverage where he was getting beat over the top by the same play..

Maybe he had to do that with how the game was going for him but I have confindence in my playcalling and USER skills on defense to where I would have punted the ball and forced him to go 85 or more yards for the TD..