View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
rjsuperfly66
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: epic game vs top 100 player must see

Quote:
Originally Posted by routecombo
This wasn't a ranked game. It was a tournament game. I don't care about the leader boards. What exactly sim gaming?? in reality there is no such thing. Because the game is programmed and codded. every game is taking advantage of the AI. For example a smart routed out route will kill man every time. corner routes the corner pretty much falls on his face. I call cover 4 and the deep zones let the receiver run by him.. I can go on and on. So if you ever call any effective play it is taking advantage of the AI. Last example is if anybody calls the read option then that is an abuse... the AI doesn't react when playing zone well. Heck even that pa wr cross play he ran was pretty much stock all he did was drag 1 receiver.

I don't mind overload blitzes or anything else my opponent does as long as there is a counter to it. That is what makes the game a chess match.

This years game is especially hard to play "sim" ball because this game is so broken and EA just doesn't care.

I will leave you with this... Remember when sean payton kicked an onside in the super bowl to start the second half?? guessed you called him a cheese ball and threw Cheetos at the TV screen..
Maybe in the warped online world running certain plays is taking advantage of AI but that is not the goal for the sim people we talk about. Your playcalling should be what wins, not how much you can abuse the AI. Your stick skills should be what wins, not abusing a play because you know it works.

People should be running plays to defeat their opponent, and its a disappointment it can't be done because of the easy difficulty online coupled with the flaws of this game.

The old school fair play rules made these games a lot more fun to play online. Sure there are times in real life where people have an unusual tendancy. Typically once in a great while.

You won't see Coach Payton going for two every TD, going for 4th down in the 4th quarter, going for an onside every kickoff.