View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #16
Humdinger80
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Beauty of Player Development in Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksumite
I'm surprised no else has mentioned this. But some people should simply NEVER progress past a certain point.

For example if I work out everyday more than Ray Lewis, would that really make me better than Ray Lewis in real life?

Some guys simply need to "max out"......it is the harsh reality...some guys just will never be better than others no matter how much harder they work...

Some guys like Randy Moss for example, don't need to work that hard to progress (as you loathed above).....but in reality that is life....he is just that gifted naturally....

Don't get me wrong I do think to a certain extent we should be able to progress our guys better. We should have more sway.

But it does need to be balanced.

Your statement that ANYONE can be ELITE, I think does not reflect reality.
Well not exactly, because their are players that will come out of the draft that are much more developed in their skill sets so it should only take a "star" rookie LB maybe 2 or 3 seasons to make into a Ray Lewis caliber player depending on how much xp you use on that particular player, whereas you could pump several seasons worth of xp into a bum LB and eventually turn him into what that star rookie was just coming out of the draft. Lots of interesting variables here.