Old 08-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #65
jmik58
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Pre-determined Outcomes (A.K.A. Super Linebackers) in M13

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe I'm confused and not understanding things in laymen's terms, so, this is on me, not anyone else.

If you attempt a bullet pass 30 yds downfield or more, which I consider to be a bomb, isn't the chances greater of a LB leaping vs lobbing the ball downfield. I see A-Rod all the time lobbing bombs down field over out-stretched hands and arms.

Just trying to understand this.
A bullet pass to a guy that's 30 yards down field should actually have a high trajectory. Not to mention, QB's release with a high arm angle -- one reason being to clear the defenders.

The problem I've noticed is that the programming logic seems to override what the actual trajectory would have been. There is a linebacker between points A and B. A being the QB and B is the receiver's assumed catching point.

The issue is that a LB between point A and B is only in a flat line between those points (if we were walking between the points). However, the ball is traveling from points A to B on plane that arcs vertically and then drops (which should clear the linebacker).

What is happening (based on my observation) is that the game is programming the INT at the instant I press my button to pass because the LB is directly "in line" (in flat linear terms) with the path of my QB and the receiving point -- but not actually in the traveling path of the football.

In order for that pre-determined animation to play out, the game then augments the pass trajectory from what my input suggested. The game does this so that it can complete the interception animation that was pre-determined.

This isn't about "super linebackers." That is a symptom of the programming issue at hand.

Action A leads to Result Z, then the game fills in B through Y to make "Z" seem realistic. I feel like this is how the game works. It's not dynamic in the sense of chain reactions.

Instead of chain reactions we get "fill in the middle".

Last edited by jmik58; 08-22-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove