View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #23
ghettogeeksta
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Breaking Down Madden: The Run Game

I am pretty sure EA knows about all of this and they know it needs to be fixed. Heck, the blocking system has basically been the same since Madden 2001. Part of the reason it is not fixed yet is because of lack of competition. The Madden team has basically been taking a vacation ever since they bought the NFL license, allowing them to be able to afford to ignore the core problems with the game and use gimmicks/back of box material to continue to sell games.

Plus blocking is a fundamental part of the game, meaning if the decided to redo the blocking system it would have to be almost perfected, because if they added a new blocking system with as many glitches as the IE tackling system, Madden would be unplayable. So EA just has been lazy over the years and playing it safe, sticking with the old proven technology.

Hopefully with this new team in place will address the blocking soon, I don't know if it will be next year though, it just depends on how long they have been working on it, if they have been at all. I would imagine implementing IE with blocking would take a few years to nearly perfect with all the different algorithms. So we may not see new blocking til Madden 15 or next-gen.

But I fully expect them to address foot-planting by Madden 14, because it's a known issue and it's much safer than fixing the blocking system.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 08-22-2012 at 01:41 PM.