Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #37
speedtrucker
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
I am sorry , but i have to disagree with OP, there is no psychic DB's/defense , at least not in offline dynasty this year.Only time i have seen CPU "knew " what i am doing was when PCV was set on 100, lower that down to 95 and it's fair game.

Example on Heisman:

I have set of plays for strong I, Ace and I normal(or how ever is called), and i would take one formation and run few plays, then go for PA from that formation (like Power 0, FB flare, Counter, etc..). CPU will bite 4 out 5 times at least, resulting in completion.Important thing is to learn how to use pass blocking (pinch or slide to certain side). I know, blocking is horrible , but it's still doable.It doesn't even have to be PA pass, but plain one, as long it's from same formation like previous run plays.

Now the only difference is when i use coaching sliders out of box, it's deep pass TD almost every time (due to CPU aggressive zone play and constant blitzing).

If i use Arkansaw's coaching sliders with Chedapalooza's fix(i would highly recommend that to anyone) then it's completed pass but to FB or mid range WR.

I am pretty much n00b in NCAA but i had to move up to Heisman this year ,because unlike last year CPU can't stop anything on AA .

Does CPU cheats? Surely does, but far less then last year.
there is a difference between setup plays like you mentioned and the psychic crap.

call a run play, watch the defense line up, call a "quick audible" to a quick pass and watch the defense drop into a shallow look, "quick audible" to run and watch the defense press back up into the box...

to top off the psychic abilities of the defense they removed the ability to run true READ Play Actions, now we have to run a "run", "pass", "draw", "zone read run" or "play action pass". since they removed the ability to hand off on Read play actions, which actually trapped the psychic defenses in either pass coverage/blitz or run coverage, the CPU AI doesn't have to "figure out" what you are actually running.