View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #39
tariq071
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Play recognition = CPU cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
there is a difference between setup plays like you mentioned and the psychic crap.

call a run play, watch the defense line up, call a "quick audible" to a quick pass and watch the defense drop into a shallow look, "quick audible" to run and watch the defense press back up into the box...

to top off the psychic abilities of the defense they removed the ability to run true READ Play Actions, now we have to run a "run", "pass", "draw", "zone read run" or "play action pass". since they removed the ability to hand off on Read play actions, which actually trapped the psychic defenses in either pass coverage/blitz or run coverage, the CPU AI doesn't have to "figure out" what you are actually running.
That part is governed by Play Recognition attributes. so the problem is that PRC is to high in general for mediocre or low level players.As the result it creates appearance of psychic DB's.Sliders also augment that, at 100 PCV on Heisman CPU will recognize the play most of the time , but if you lowered it down to 90-95 it's doesn't happen that often.

I am using PA's as audibles quite frequently and CPU generally falls for them as long i am running them from same formation.And even if it does recognize the pass instead of run (or vice versa) CPU is still in personnel disadvantage in most cases.

Offensively , i noticed that CPU has 2 check points before the snap , one at the beginning of the count and another one in middle of it.

However, if you call say outside man blitz and then audible to cover 3 right before the snap , CPU doesn't make adjustments and generally throws directly at your DB (just an a example).

At least that's my perception....