View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Reiny09
Rookie

Reiny09's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Has playing the demo changed anyone's purchasing decision on NHL 13?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion7
Went for Yes, was planning on buying it but am not anymore.

I liked the new skating engine and feel of the game, I've never been a stick dangler, but the blur effect on default view really puts me off and the frame rate is definitely worse on PS3 this year.

I was going to hold off on a release day purchase to see how the stability and penalty calling was but based on the look of the demo, I won't buy at all unless the release is different or patched, and despite lots of comments about this, I don't see that happening. A little disappointed because I never thought the graphical look of the title would be an issue as everything looked great in trailers and gameplay vids.
I haven't had the poor resolution that other people have been talking about on the PS3 but I would have to imagine that it will not be like that in the retail version. I know EA has made some questionable calls in the past, but I just don't see them releasing a game that looks as bad as other guys have been saying.

And as far as penalties go, it is certainly a concern but it's hard to gauge what it will be like after some tweaking of the sliders. We only get one 5 minute period to play per game and if I recall correctly, the penalty sliders are far from maxed out.

I know I'm willing to take the risk and make the purchase but I can definitely see where you're coming from.
Advertisements - Register to remove