Old 08-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #70
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 13 All-Madden sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogwilson
Had a good first couple of games to start with these sliders.

Green Bay at Philadelphia:

This one was a defensive struggle on the ground so both teams had to do it in the air much of the game. As the Packers down by two scores, I wasn't able to score until the middle of the second quarter, then I finally found my groove. Eagles had the lead much of the game, until it came down to the final quarter. It was 26 to 24 eagles (they got greedy and went for a two point conversion when they scored for the last time). Late in the fourth quarter I was able to drive down the field, but got stopped short of the end zone and had to kick a field goal. Eagles got the ball back with just over a minute left and ran the no huddle. They came close to their kicker's distance but I was able to stop them by the time the clock ran out.

Chicago at Green Bay:

This was a very interesting game. Neither team could gain a clear advantage on each other for much of the game. The score at the end of the first half was 10 to 9 Green Bay as a lot of Chicago's drives stalled out and ended with field goals. The third quarter came around and I was able to add another touchdown drive to make it 17 to 9. After a couple of horrible drives by Jay Cutler resulting in picks and an offensive touchdown for each pick making it 31 to 9, we hit the fourth quarter and the Bears had to put it into overdrive mode. They went into no huddle the entirety of the quarter and my defense clearly struggled to catch their breath. They came down the field and scored a touchdown before the two minute warning, and also added a two point conversion to make it 31 to 17. They went for the onside kick, but they were charged with illegal touching. Despite getting the ball back in great field position chicago wasn't giving up a single yard, so I had to go for a field goal. Mason Crosby clearly had the distance, but the accuracy was off and he hit the left upright. Chicago gets the ball back one last time and they begin driving back down the field in no huddle, but an overzealous Jay Cutler throws yet another pick to Sam Shields, and that sealed the victory.

For stats for that game:

Jay Cutler: 12/19, 217 yards, 1TD, 4 INT, 63%

Aaron Rodgers: 12/20, 171 yards, 3TD, 2INT, 60%

BTW, those two picks on Rodgers' states were from the post earlier about not being able to properly user. If my receivers would have jumped they would have at least been incompletions.

Matt Forte: 14 att, 25 yards, 0TD

Kian Minor (drafted player): 18 att, 96 yards, 1TD

Julius Peppers recorded 2 sacks and 6 tackles total, Arthur Jones recorded a sack, and GB's Nick Perry also recorded a sack. Sam Shields had three interceptions. I was a little disappointed by this because it doesn't usually happen. He had two against the Bears in the NFC Championship game but that was against backups, not Jay Cutler. It wasn't superhuman ability that got him the picks, though. Jay Cutler was throwing bad passes all night, right to him. Not sure if I should bump up the CPU passing a little bit. Matt Forte's lack of production is also troubling. I'm looking to tweak the CPU run blocking because he wasn't given any chance on nearly every play.

As for receivers, Devin Hester had 132 yards in 3 attempts. Most of these yards came in that final quarter where my defense was gassed and no one could cover. Next highest receiver was Cedric Benson, who caught a screen pass for 48 yards. Jordy Nelson caught two touchdowns for me, and both were his only catches for 36 yards. Very low production for the Packers' taste, but Packers-Bears games aren't usually offensive slugfests.

Overall I was pleased with how the game played except the run blocking for CPU and Jay Cutler's boneheaded mistakes. I felt the Packers jumped a little too far ahead than that's normal for a Packers Bears game, but the way it almost ended was definitely realistic. Going to play a few more in my CC mode to see if this remains consistent.

Total offense was even at 238 a piece, Packers had 10 first downs to Bears 8, both teams were +0 in turnovers with 4 each, Packers were 50% on third down compared to Bears 25%, and Red Zone was 100 for the Packers vs 80% for the Bears (most were field goals).

Another troubling thing is that there was only one penalty the entire game.

Time of possession belonged to the Bears due to the short field they gave me in that last quarter. They had 15minutes TOP vs 12 minutes for the Packers.

Aite, I'm off to play some more and I'll come back with the results and hopefully some suggestions/tweaks
You are using the black set right? I don't know if you saw it or not but I raisdd the CPUs catching to 75. There accuracy is already on 100. Can't go any higher then that. Haha!