View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #538
brrmikey
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

First, I'm grateful to SCEA that I have to be extremely nitpicky here. I almost feel like a spoiled brat responding to this thread because the game is great and I appreciate the level of quality and authenticity of the product.

1. I would love to have separate pitch speeds for Human and CPU. I enjoy pitching to the CPU using Legend difficulty, pitch speed max. But, since I use BTP view and zone batting, I would love to be able to slow the pitch speed down a notch or two for the CPU so that I can take advantage of the better hit variety I find with the smaller cursor when using Legend hitting. At the moment, I have to use Rookie-All star to compete with pitch speed maxed at 10. Also, if I was able to control the CPU pitch speed separately I could even test out turning off the cursor. I look to achieve being able to play the game and have it still look like I'm just watching the real thing...if that makes sense.

2. I love total broadcast, it definitely takes me there. The only cut scene I could do without is when the pitcher is zoomed in close by the camera for a close-up. I would love to just see it switch over zoomed in like it already does zoomed out a bit. This takes away from the realism a bit...I've never seen the camera zoom in on the pitcher that close and in that way during a real MLB game.

3. I would love a transparency slider control (0-100%) for the zone cursor so i could make less bold. An option for just a standard circle (like seen in '11) would be nice also. But of course If separate CPU pitch speed comes through, I potentially could be able to turn cursor off.

4. I use classic pitching , guess pitch off, pitch/swing info off. I would love the ability to turn off the pitch type/selection icon (offense and defense) and resort to memory or having it written on a piece of paper that I can look at if I had to. I also would love to be able to turn off all the post pitch information but keep the MPH information that is displayed next to the score information at the top...I like seeing how fast the pitch is coming in w/o having to turn on some other clutter. I'm glad I can at least turn off the pitch/swing analysis information. Again, just trying to have it look like a real MLB game...e.g. Broadcast fielding cam with auto fielding works well in achieving this.

5. The commentary is not terrible but could be better. But what is really missing IMO is an organic feel to how they sound...it's like they're not even at the ballpark let alone in the same room with each other. Something with the atmosphere of the commentators and the crowd is off a bit...hard to explain...it just doesn't sound organic.

6. It would be nice to similar angles of the crowd going after foul balls then cutting back to the batter, like in real MLB games on TV. It would be nice to see the crowd move out of the way on fouls straight back like they do on tv even when the net is there...lol

Sorry, if these wishes are shallow. I'm a 35 year old player with a child who still loves to play the game when time allows and I only play single season...I play every game and get to about 100 games into a season before next year's info starts to trickle out...then I get hyped off screenshots and trailers...eventually some gameplay vids...then play the new demo...then delete it...then put my 5$ down payment for the new game...then go back to the current game until the call comes...then go pick up the new one / trade in the old one...rinse and repeat.

Last edited by brrmikey; 08-29-2012 at 03:47 PM.