View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #28
RedZoneD25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: CCM twitter and stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Ea always liked gearing towards the casual fans. Its 2k that gears more towards the hardcore fans. Think about it. Ea always wanted to make live more fun not realistic. 2k wants to make their game more realistic and it takes away from the fun of the game because your not always scoring. I'm sure if 2k made a football game i'm sure it would be more realistic than madden but maybe not as fun. If Ea geared toward the hardcore fans, live and madden would be more realistic and madden would still have player editing. But those twitter things kind of remind me of those screens in 2k association with player news and transactions.
Since this thread is about the presentation aspect, just for clarification purposes:

Analysts discussing current events in your Connected Careers as well as the biggest stories from each week relating to games around the league, your team, injuries, the college Draft propsects, and more is less realistic being interrupted by a cell phone with a request to play David Arquette or Carmen Electra's all-star team? People like to dig on Madden for using gimmicky features in the past, but consistently fail to admit that their glory game had some of the biggest gimmick features in a football video game. Between my personal experience playing Madden NFL 13 and discussions with the development team over the course of this cycle, I know that every single thing added to Connected Careers was done under the umbrella of realism and further connecting (no pun intended) a gamer to their virtual NFL.

I fully understand and empathize with the desire for a well thought out halftime, pre-game and post-game show. It's among many other additions that could help Madden get to the next level of immersion. However, even the mighty NFL 2K5 failed to present a living, breathing atmosphere like Madden has delivered this year. It also had a terrible Franchise Mode, but that's a debate for another day.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 08-30-2012 at 05:09 PM.