View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #13
TheMan16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ways to make association mode better in NBA 2K13

Association is all i play so i think i got a lot on mind

Better Distribution of Wins Among the 30 NBA teams
Sometimes the first place team in the NBA has 56 wins. In real life that's equivalent to a 3rd place team in the Western Conference. I think 2K gives too many wins to the lesser talented teams. Like sometimes the last place team in Association mode will have 25. That's a little high. And Too many teams have 40+ win seasons.

More Accurate Statistics
  • The league leader in blocks averages at best 2 blocks a game. Serge Ibaka might average 1.5bpg in association mode, but in real life he averages a little over 3.0bpg.
  • The league leader in rebounds averages maybe 12. Kevin Love averages only 10, sometimes he could average only 9 in association mode. but in real life he averages like 15 or 14rpg.
  • League Leader in assist averages 10apg. Sometimes maybe just 9. Derron Williams and Chris Paul are averaging 7apg in every association i run. In real life they should be averaging 10 easy.
Some Role Players PPG are too low and FG% are too low. Iman Shumpert might be a 88 overall in association mode but hes only averaging 7ppg as a starter. And someone like Tyson Chandler only averages 3ppg. I know hes not much of a scorer, but in real life he averages 4x that.

Contract Aspect & Other Stuff
Some of the real life NBA contract rules should be in the game

• A player cannot be traded until 6 months after signing a new contract
  • A franchise cannot go two years in a row with out a first round pick.
  • Ability to trade a first and second round pick years in advance
AI General Managers
  • Computer GM should perform 3 team trades amongst each other
  • More realistic draft day trades. A team needs to get a VERY VERY good deal in exchange for their top 10 pick.
  • Trading away top 10 picks need to happen less often
  • Ability to know when it is time to rebuild your roster.
  • The top free agents in Association mode will only have 1 offer. Their needs to be at least 8 teams making offers to the 90+ overall free agent
Player Characteristics
  • Players need to be more willing to at least test free agency even if they know they will end up resigning.
  • Star player's morale need to be affected by the team's success. Dwight Howard should not be content just because he's getting the amount of playing time he deserves. He should be furious because hes playing 35min and the team is 35-47 for the season
  • Not restricting us from making our own superstar teams. I remember back in like October when 2K didn't have rookies and they had the roster from the end of 2010-2011 season. I was the Knicks and it was free agency. i cleared up enough cap to sign Chris Paul, while maintaining Carmelo and Amar'e. Had a better deal than what the hornets were offering yet he signs with the Hornets instead. I don't know if its a bug or what.
  • Have the rumor mill involve players that are more relevant than Josh Harellson