View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #62
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

KingGro: Right On. I appreciate the feedback and the fact that even someone from a generation that still has a full set of hair on their dome can appreciate the difference between a sim and a video game.

As I posted earlier, this is just a base set to get us out the door. Didn't want to allocate to many brain cells to perfecting it until EA developers finish ALL of their cleanup efforts.

That having been said, my whole thing is dealing with the annual 'roided up style of play that EA kicks out the door, year in and year out. Once I can get the game to play more like a sim, then I get my tuning firmed up. Gotta tell ya though, in years past, it has been very challenging to get the game to play realistically while at the same time being fun (meaning not having to follow a crap load of "house rules"). Honestly, M13 gameplay is admirable. For example I have had field goals blocked against me, a punt turn into a pass (although I was given a clue due to the options I could select from the punt defenses available in three box mode), have had my head kicked in by power running teams, can actually complete clean fade routes while staying in the pocket and stepping up (in years past, their was never a pocket to step up into, it seemed that you always had to get a mile away from the O-Line to be able to step into your throws), on streaks, great QB's can throw to the right or left shoulder of the WR and actually complete a pass to a great receiver without the CB being able to miraculously contort his body and intercept the pass, touch passes actually seem to work, great receivers can jump and fight for the ball, beefy TE's cannot be arm tackled by a scrawny CB, and the list goes on and on.

The major problems are in the running aspect of the game. And yes young one, I agree that the "pinball effect" on my sliders needs to be massaged as well as the fumbles and the sustained time on the blocking. However, I am going to see what EA does first before I begin to futz with the sliders.

Ideally this year we can achieve the following:

!) Get the OS community to buy into realism vs. over-the-top, frenetic, arcade style of play

2) Create a base set of sliders that delivers 125-140 plays a game, with a play mix that mirrors the teams actual NFL tendencies

3) Realistic stats by years end

4) Have an OS team create a game roster that edits out the "'roidness" and has realistic attributes for all the players in the roster

5) Have a base set of sliders that doesn't require any, or at the very least, minimal, "house rules"

6) Finally, create a video game experience like no other for all NFL junkies

Peace.