View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #26
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Making Quarterback Awareness Mean Something

I like the idea OP, especially the part about each QB only being able to see/know so much of the playart but I think that should be a playbook knowledge rating, like in HC09. I wouldn't want the playbook to be limited but to actually have the playbook art be based on what the QB "thinks" the routes are. So a low PB knowledge QB could see an actual comeback route as a streak and if the User controlled QB throws at that receiver, they would be throwing a streak but the receiver would be running a comeback. This could also apply to receivers with low PB knowledge as well, with them running the wrong route. Heck, this could apply to every position on the field like in HC09 but the OP's idea could be the way to implement it into actual Madden game play.

All that said, to make AWR matter for QBs all the time, even under User control, I would just like to see it be a passing accuracy modifier according to pressure. So a high AWR QB, like Brady, wouldn't suffer much if any accuracy hit with the defense bearing down on him but a low AWR QB's pass accuracy would get worse the closer defenders are to him. Should also apply to pressure situations like 2 minute drills, 3rd and longs, crucial 4th downs and excessive crowd noise. I especially stress the excessive crowd noise because the less AWR QBs should play worse on the road and using the crowd noise to effect their accuracy, according to their AWR is a good way to represent that, imo.