View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
ch46647
MVP

OVR: 15
Locomotion #1 Priority moving forward

Good Morning Everyone,

After playing Madden 13 I can say that while the game is FAR from perfect it has certainly made some legitimate strides this year. With that said it is more then apparent now that the #1 focus moving forward MUST BE on locomotion/footplanting/Running Animations.

Even with the addition of physics, new passing game, 400+ new catching animations, etc the game still just feels stale. It looks and plays like a majority of its predecessors since next gen for one major reason, locomotion. Madden is a beautiful game but as soon as it starts moving everything just falls apart. Madden on PS2 had a very good locomotion system and I truly believe that is why many people feel the gameplay was much better back then.

EA showed the blue print for what a true physics based locomotion system can bring to sports game with NHL 13. (NHL didn't have bad locomotion problems to begin with but it is now light years better) IMO, when Madden decides to make this jump everything else will truly fall into place. The game will look and feel entirely different in motion and it will immediately become much more realistic. It has gotten to the point with current Maddens that I cannot even tell if a player is sprinting or jogging anymore. If Madden incorporated a physics based locomotion system including footplanting, acceleration, de-celeration, top end speed and agility it would be an absolute game changer. (As well as all new running animations) This would be the change we need to finally feel the difference in players and have ratings effect the game. Also, it need to apply to more then just the ball carrier or human controlled player. IT NEEDS TO APPLY TO EVERY PLAYER ON THE FIELD.

I am very confident that the new team will deliver this but I am really hoping it is next year. Many of this new team is from EA Canada that produces NHL and FIFA which both have excelllent locomotion systems and are both considered elite sports games. Locomotion needs to be the #1 priority for M14 and OL/DL should be a distant second IMO.

Last edited by ch46647; 09-05-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove