View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #553
pdiehm
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Just started up a test CCM with the Redskins.

time to test the new sliders!

Ugh...made it through a half, and just had to stop. IMO the new set is a big step backwards.

First catching at 45, if you don't user catch, there's massive drops. The 2 teams combined (Saints and Redskins) had 17 drops. The Redskins (user) had 11 in the first half, 7 by Fred Davis alone.

Second, the CPU QBA at 10. I saw Drew Brees just doing some god awful stuff. Throwing into triple coverage twice, not checking down, etc.

Third, the HUM run blocking. I had the same thought in NCAA. Dumbing down the blocking doesn't make the game more realistic. It just makes it harder for the user to win because you're boosting the CPU run defense, but dumbing down the CPU players on the user side. I ran tosses, and the pulling lineman didn't block a single defender on 4 toss plays. On stretch plays, the playside lineman and TE don't hold their blocks at all.

Fourth, the pass blocking for the user is nowhere near good enough to handle a 60 pass rush by the CPU. For the same reason as run blocking, dumbing down the CPU players on the user side left stunts unblocked, blitzes not picked up, and very little attempt at holding their blocks.

For me, the other set just felt better. It played more real. Lower the user run blocking to 45, INT's for both teams at 30, and the game just flowed. This feels like a Plymouth Horizon racing a 1970 Chevelle.

Last edited by pdiehm; 09-06-2012 at 10:18 PM.