KingV2k3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Sorry, didn't make that very clear.

In Coaching Schemes it has how you would like you players to be of a certain type. I'm only guessing here, but i was thinking not only do you try and fit a scheme round the players you have, but that the type you set them will affect what they do.

EG:

My 2 MLB were set on tacklers. Against the Giants the rushes came more from the edge and from Safety's and they covered the middle and were the first to the ball after being caught.

Against Seattle i thought to change them to run stoppers. IT might be pure coincidence but Gameplan then chose a lot of crossing rushes and MLB lining up at the line of scrimmage.

Another EG on offense this time.

The Cowboys have all there WR's defaulted as Speed guys. Well i changed that to Bryant (red zone threat), Austin (Possesion) and 3rd WR to Balanced. Also TE was set as receiving not blocking and FB to blocking from Running Receiver.

So now Witten NEVER stays in to block and my FB if in will always lead in or stay in to block.

Bryant is my out ball and Austin does the slant routes.

This may all be conjecture and i've not read anything about this but so far just seems to fit.

I've been debating starting a thread on this, but just really don't have the time to "host" one...

My experience:

I set those Scheme "styles" to the way I thought I wanted my players to play and it was "negative help"

Then:

I set my depth chart

Went to the Progression interface to see what "styles" were assigned by EA to my starters / backups

Went BACK to Scheme and mirrored the default setting to the scheme

Effect:

BOOM

All my players played better and smarter when their default style was mirrored in the Scheme section...

Best example:

My TE is "receiving" at default...I mistakenly set him to "blocking" to get some extra attention in that regard...

His play was awful...seldom ran a decent route and had open passes bounce off his helmet...

When I re set his Scheme style to receiving, he now is often open and catches almost everything...

It's a huge difference to "Scheme" to your existing lineup...I even tweak for injuries that make a second string guy start who has a different default "style"...

Here's the Big Bang (part of this) Theory:

Because six of my Bills are set at default style to play some kind of run D (4-3 Run D at LE / Run Stopper at RDT / OLBs AND MLB set to "Defend Run" / CB2 is "Run Support" with DT1 set to "Balanced" I'm GUESSING the CPU playcall AI "senses" I'm overloaded personnel - wise to stop the run so...

THEY PASS MORE...

I played my Bills v Jets twice with setting that sought to make my guys defend the pass and the Jets ran 80 percent...

I switched to "mirror" their default run based setting and the split was 50 / 50...many passes on first down / playaction / screens / Wildcat...

Completely different gameplan...

What happens if you try and "force" the CPU to pass by setting your defenders to "run" based styles when those aren't their actual styles?

I don't know...

This could be a huge development in any event...

I know "mirroring" helps overall gameplay...

Just not sure if / how it changes the CPU gameplan yet...

Have at it, gents!