View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #652
Bobalou2112
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Actually, this year the "Scheme" section works like "Style / Priority" used to work...

Except "Priority" has been replaced by "Importance" which you can't adjust...

Anyway:

As far back as the 2003 Prima guide it's been concluded that the "Style / Priority" section wasn't just for draft, but determines how and to what level of degree the AI controls HUM players that you're not currently controlling...

Here's a thread from last year that breaks this all down in exhaustive detail:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...g-schemes.html

This year's "Scheme" setting are this year's equivalent...

Game changer?

Well...yes, actually...
Funny. . .last night I was thinking along similar, but not identical, lines. I wasn't thinking so much in terms of priority and the game processor's "scheduling of cpu resource processing by position" (which is essentially what priorities were), but in terms of the game engine. I mean, this is not a game from the "bottom up" where you have 22 "thinking" little bits performing individually to form a whole experience. Rather, it is pretty much "top down", wherein players move along general behavior "tracks" (almost like rod-hockey) determined by the plays and allowed to deviate from those little tracks based upon event triggers (change of ball carrier, for instance, impacting defensive pursuit) and ratings (I think this may be why with really low sliders you see an all pro tackle move to block a LB moving to a zone along the side line...and the LT ends up dawdling along and ignoring the LOS...as well as why some people feel plays are scripted). Quite possibly, 'scheme' further refines this in some manner. (and apologies for hijacking the thread for a moment).