View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #198
BrianU
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

From the perspective of someone who played baseball not football but loves football now and is big into stats I have this idea about Min Player Speed Threshold:

First its important to note it appears to act different in CCM vs Play Now this year for some unexplained reason. Or maybe its not that slider but just the CPU RB that behaves different. I have found they run for a better YPC on 100 so that was my starting point.

I view speed threshold not as a tool to gain accurate 40 times or make the players look like they are running the same speed as on TV but as what I would call it a 'Big play slider'. Last year it was remarked and hopefully still works the same this year as the lower the slider the more big plays you will see. With this in mind I went over to ESPN's 2011 rushing stats and looked at how many big plays actually occur to be as objective as possible. We all have assumptions and I try to avoid making any and use NFL stats to make my decisions. So i went to here: http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...1/seasontype/2

They show rushing attempts and rushes that went for 20+ yards. I divided rushing attempts by 20+ yard runs and found that on average running backs in the top 10 had 20+ yard runs on every 25-30 carries. With this in mind I can now tune the speed threshold to a number that will deliver me that experience in game. I am guilty of not spending more of my time changing sliders and less actually playing but for this setting I think you reallly need 3+ games played to test it out maybe even more like 5+.

I have began the thought of lowering speed threshold, while I still want it close to 100 which i've found helps the CPU gain those 2-3 yard runs rather than them being 1-2 yard runs, I also want to see the big plays at an accurate number. Maybe 100 gives you that I haven't played enough or tracked 20+ yard runs to determine that and am looking at it as I believe speed threshold can control that. But it's all just a theory. Sliders are very tricky however for I might get it where I want for the CPU running game lets say that at speed threshold 70 I am seeing them break off 20+ yard runs every 30 carries.. but then that threshold might make the USER Running game radically different too easy or too hard. I try to tune the averages for the CPU team firstly then adjust the human side afterwards. Just some jumbled thoughts I had at 9 AM good discussion fellers

Last edited by BrianU; 09-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.