Old 09-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #742
charter04
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 13 All-Pro Sim Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerwinius
I guess I feel it should be based on yards per carry because that makes more sense. It's not unreasonable to get 140 yards a game with Cedric Benson if he carries it 30+ times. That's up to the user to decide. I used gameflow so I wasn't really choosing between run and pass, but to try to get a user rushing amount between a certain number when people testing could be between 10-40 rushing attempts is kinda dumb. Unless you base it on yards per carry you're not really judging difficulty of running at all.

Also, I believe people saying rushing is too easy most just be calling money rushing plays... because using gameflow calls up all the crappy WR runs and other crap running plays that made playing this very hard.

I think the basis for me reacting negatively to the statement about the RBs mostly has to do with the fact that without AP I had 0 rushing game... like 3 yards a carry if I was lucky... which is fine... but the thought of making it harder is cringe worthy for me.
I understand what your saying. I do wish people would use the substitution option in the call play screen. This is what I do. When my RB gets red then I put the back up in. I know you can't do this with gameflow though. I also don't think Cedric Benson (I don't know why he keeps being the example, lol) would average 4.6 yards a carry every game. He certainly wouldn't if he averaged 30 carries a game. This is another thing about the game. real coachs don't run their backs that much because they want them for a full season. Since EA doesn't have a very good injury based on actually on the field events no one has to worry about that. If your RB get injured it's just happenstance. I do agree that the user should chose to use their back how ever they want. I'm not trying to make it unrealistically difficult. As a matter of face the OP is it for now. It is a base set and if someone wants things a little harder then they will just have to tweak themselves.