View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
fluent2332
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K13: How Signature Skills Have Changed the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
This article has me feeling more excited about signature skills. Hopefully this will fix issues of the past such as players playing true to themselves ( Ex: I don't want players hitting ridiculous shots they shouldn't make or players missing shots that they make in their sleep), being able to use appropriate strategies against a teams weaknesses/strengths (Ex: In 2k12 I would play the matchup of the 94 magic vs the current heat yet I was never able to utilize my size advantage), and lastly needing to play more sim to win (Ex: knowing the strengths and weaknesses of teams and players should work to your advantage. Someone who has basketball IQ and knowledge of players and teams should have a big advantage over a casual basketball/Nba fan. I feel tht in the past anyone could learn how to play the game and have a chance against someone who tries to play more sim.)
Sorry, but you're living in fantasy land if you think 2K is going to suddenly cater to "smart" players. A huge portion of their sales are from casuals too.

And this is one thing that I don't like about 2K, it doesn't matter how good you are at the game or if you try to play lifelike, the other guy could be a complete noob and still win the game. There's nothing that separates experienced players from inexperienced players. In previous 2K games like 2K8 for example, you could keep tricks up your sleeve and if you played realistically and were good at the game, chances are you would win the game. I went something like 200-4 in "sim style" games in 2K8. Newer 2Ks are like 50/50 games, you have a 50/50 chance that you will win or lose. There is no getting good at the game and dominating weaker competition. That's just 2K basketball and that's how the games are going to be until a company decides to change that.