View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
XSmooth
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Week 2: Tennessee Titans (0-1) @ San Diego Chargers (1-0)

I know it may seem easy to pick on CJ and say he's lost his mojo...but I was at the game, and holy **** the titans o-line had no answer for Wilfork and the other DT on the Pats. Our O-line was embarasses on run plays, evident by Reynaud's lack of yardage too. It's not like he busted out and 15 yard runs either.

CJ looked good receiving... 6 catches, 47 yards. He's still dangerous in space...he just had no space. Credit to the Pats Dline, blame to the Oline of the titans, and I have to question the play calling a bit too.

But anyway, as far as this game is concerned... I guess the organization has written off this season because in my honest opinion, Matt Hasslebeck looked good enough in replacement of Jake Locker to tell me he gives the team a better chance of winning now vs locker. Locker's TD pass was a broken play thrown into triple coverage that somehow found 5'11 Nate Washington. Earlier he threw a duck to Washington that was picked...It's the growing pains, I know.

The big thing is getting Kenny Britt back...he's definitely the type of WR that on a scrambling "broken" play that locker can throw it up and let him get it that may extend drives. Britt can easily have a 2-3 TD game.

But on the flip side, Titans don't seem to have fixed the issue of covering TEs as Gronk and Hernandez had a big game on the titans, and there's no reason for me to believe Gates wont get 9+ catches and a TD or two.

So...if Hasslebeck was starting I'd feel confident the titans could win. With Locker, I'll just be watching the TV waiting for him to lob a duck or not be aware enough of a collapsing pocket and get stripped. Titans absolutely will not win if they lose the turnover battle, which I just think Locker is gonna be good for 2 turnovers. Maybe the titans D are able to at least get 2 back, but that's asking a lot.

Gun to my head, Locker starts and SD wins something like 24-17, give or take a FG