View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
XSmooth
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Week 2: Tennessee Titans (0-1) @ San Diego Chargers (1-0)

Seriously, the more I think about it, the less I understand Muncheck's thinking in starting Locker over Hasselbeck.

If the plan is to essentially throw away the season in order for Locker to mature on the field and go through the growing pains like Indy is with Luck, then they should have cut or traded Hasselbeck. I would understand at that point.

But a completely healthy Hasselbeck riding the pine behind Locker is pointless. His veteran experience basically means he's better at reading defenses, better at going through the progression, and better at throwing the ball away when a play breaks down instead of trying to be Ben Rothlisburger or Steve Young, scrambling around and throwing on the run like Locker seems to want to do.

The Titans went 9-7 last year (same regular season record as the Giants, wrap your mind around that) and there's no reason to think they couldn't get a wildcard spot this year with Hasselbeck starting...or they go with Locker and maybe go 5-11 or 6-10.

Unless Locker just goes out of his mind with Britt back on the team and they combine to some kind of historic record breaking game, or the Titans defense gets an abnormal number of turnovers, Chargers should win this game fairly comfortably.