View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
PowerofRed25
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Create-a-Playbook: The Interface

The interface is god awful. There is some sort of hidden pattern to getting formation sets in the order you want. It took hours of trial and error just to get my spread playbook with Pistol, Shotgun, Wildcat and Wingbone (No GL or Hail Mary) in that exact order. I had to use Clemson as a base, remove Ace, leave Pistol, remove every shotgun formation EXCEPT Spread Flex, remove every Wildcat formation except Spread Flex and add Wingbone to get it right.

I can't imagine tying to get Ace, I, Strong, Weak, Pistol, Shotgun all in a decent order. Usually you need to start with a base playbook that has all those formation sets in them, and then carefully add/remove formations from them to keep them in the proper order. There is no rhyme or reason.

As for the interface itself, clunky and awful. I had a long thread earlier this year about how custom playbooks needed to be modular. Select formation, select the plays you want to be in that formation (all plays would be available in all formations). I hate how it is and I spend HOURS upon HOURS in the CPB menu creating playbooks and tweaking playbooks I've made.