Old 09-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: AI Must Be A Focal Point For A Team Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
I thought about the idea of a radius too, which in theory would work. The tough thing would be how to govern player movement. That is where it gets tricky. It is doable, but there would be so many responsibilities that would need to be scripted in game, that we who know football take advantage of in real life.

Think of it this way. 11 professional football player gets his brain wiped and all he knows is basic instincts. Now explain to all of them together, and separately how to play the game of football.
Like in the basketball example I used, the consequence or effect of freelancing, is that the AI teammates attempt to compensate which inherently causes potential disarray. That would then promote Users to either pick a play where they can User control an assigned "freelancer", adhere to the parameters of their own playcall or suffer the consequences/effects.

The premise already exists in M13 because if you pick a Cover 2 Man under against a 2WR 2TE 1RB set, I think, with the RB and TE running crossing routes, the defender assigned to check each in the playart, will switch off. So if you are using controlling one of these defenders and try to cover strictly based on the playart, one of them winds up wide open. Same principle except these "switches" are dictated by excessive movement outside the parameters of the playcall opposed to by the playcall itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove