View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #3
howemj192
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ea's Response to Xbox Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I contacted EA Sports about the problem of my Xbox 360 (white & slim both) freezing up the console after a few minutes of playing. Here is the response:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support.

I understand your issue that you are facing freezing issue in the game. Sometimes certain configurations can conflict with your game. Set any controller, sound, and video settings to their default setting. This can be done deleting the game's settings information from the hard drive. Try playing the game again.

This could also be an issue involving corrupt game save files. Before deleting files I'll advise you to transfer your game save files to a memory card and once you have copied the files on the memory card after that you will need to remove game related save data by following the below given steps.

1. Power on the Xbox without a game disc inside to display the Xbox dashboard.
2. Select Memory and press A
3. Select Hard Disc and press A
4. Scroll through the save games until you find your specific game.
5. Press the A button while selecting a files to delete them.
6. Confirm deletion when prompted.
7. Repeat until you no longer see any of the game files left on the Xbox hard disc.
8. Restart system with game inside. Try running your game again.

If the issue persists, try clearing console cache, follow these steps:

1. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
2. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
3. On the Controller, press the X, Left Bumper, and Right Bumper buttons in this order: X, X, LB, RB, X, X
4. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.

For any help with the steps above, please do not hesitate to approach us. Electronic Arts values your co-operation and efforts. For more information, please visit our online knowledgebase here:
http://help.ea.com/

Regards,
Maneesh
Electronic Arts – World Wide Customer Experience

Give it a try and see if it works for you. I'll update later as to whether this works or not. Good luck!!!

Update: Didn't work. After reloading everything I began a play now without any adjustments. After playing for about 10 minutes the game froze the console. We'll see what other ideas EA Sports has...
I had a freezing issue in NCAA football (which others had as well). I complained, they gave me the exact same fix, didn't work. I first contacted them in mid-July. They STILL haven't fixed or even acknowledged that the problem is with the game. I get an email every 5 or 6 days from them, and in the 15 exchanges that I've had with them every single time I have to correct them that the issue is in OFFLINE dynasty and they keep telling me all of the things to fix my online dynasty. I'm just going to call it like it is. EA customer service sucks. Period.