View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Aftershock9958
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: A conversation about EA Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcmac
1. Would it be safe to say that EA's biggest priority is online gamers and Ultimate Team (Both make money for them)?
Not even close. Yes, online got the most attention this year. But for several years in a row, online didn't even get a look, to the point where we were having to pay for other sites to give us a half-working franchise mode.

Quote:
Would it be safe to assume that these issues would be fixed ASAP? (I mean duh on me right? the loss in money making potential would be their incentive)

To be fair, fixing issues like those might be easier than the ones affect us "sim" heads. Quick server side patches could be out in a matter of minutes, where as fixing the old systems in Madden may be like trying to find a needle in a haystack (more on this later).
You just asked a condescending question, and then answered your own condescending question with a very reasonable answer.

Quote:
But even with that being true, don't most "sim" heads feel like we are being ignored?
It strikes me as almost impossible to believe that there are so many offline gamers who constantly insinuate that sim only takes place offline. I am an online gamer. I am also a sim player. So, no, I don't feel ignored.

Quote:
2. Is it possible that the reason there are so many problems with Madden this year is because EA is putting in the framework for a better all around game?
Yes.... this is exactly what they're doing, we KNOW this is what they're doing, they've more or less said as much.