Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
thedudescrew
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Players Leaving/Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Is it me or is there an insane number of players leaving or transferring to new schools in dynasty mode?

We just got to players leaving after year 1 of an online dynasty and there are 150 total transfers and 65 underclassmen declaring for the NFL Draft. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is two whole rounds of underclassmen declaring for the draft and 150 total transfers.

There are some CPU teams receiving 8 transfer players, one of which is Navy, which is ridiculous enough on its own. Marshall is receiving multiple defensive players rated 79 or above.

Even worse is the logic of some of these guys leaving. Dorial Green-Beckman, the 2011 High School Offensive Player of the Year (83 overall) transferred from Missouri to Nebraska (user controlled) because of playing time. He caught 14 passes! On my team, I am having an 80 rated RS FR Center transfer for playing time despite being the ONLY center on my roster and about to become a three year starter.

My personal favorite is the Georgia Tech HB from Tallahassee, FL leaving GT because he is "Home Sick" and transferring to Florida International. Keep in mind Atlanta is MUCH closer to Tallahassee than Miami is.

Most of our user teams have a realistic number of guys leaving, around the 2 to 4 range but the National Champion has 10 guys leaving early, that's 14% of his roster.

I just don't get this. I get wanting to emphasize recruiting and keeping promises (it's only year 1) and helping the lower level schools field quality teams but this is way over the top.
I honestly have no problem with this. I have noticed that 4 and 5 star players expect to get some playing time. 14 receptions is NOT enough playing time and the Center leaving...I assume he wasn't used all year. This is why I refuse to use certain promises and if I do use them I sub them into certain formations or make sure they are on at least Special Teams. Also if you didn't make the No-RS 1st year and/or Solid Playing time 1st year then you are better off RS them so they don't leave. I have had some still transfer but this happens when you have 4 and 5 star players on a team thats loaded.

Also the Pro Draft declarations happens as well. Most don't make it but they still try. It also opens up the opportunity for others to play. I had 5 players declare for the draft 2 Juniors and 3 Sophs in my Dynasty. Sucks but it happens. Luckily I had some solid recruits and was able to go with out them.