View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
baller7345
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
So, what you are saying then is the route doesn't work in game how it does in real life. Because quite frankly what you are saying doesn't happen. I mean, even Safety's in man cut before my WR's do in the routes I am talking about on MUT All-Madden
I'm saying that the defenders simply don't make the mistakes in technique that real life defenders make. The dig route will beat press man coverage all day if your opponent shades outside but as long as they are playing the default inside technique they are going to undercut inside breaking routes like they are supposed to.

You can beat the inside technique if you find some digs that have some sort of hesitation step which pulls the inside technique a little outside or something else like that. Running dig routes off of switch concepts also helps you get inside the inside technique being played. However since Madden doesn't have bad coverage technique from their man defenders they never play it wrong so they are always where they are supposed to be.

This next bit is on how to attack 2 man under from Smart Football, you'll notice 10 yard dig routes aren't in there (those are suggested for cover 3).

1. Back routes on the linebackers
  2. create mismatches with the TE running option (“read”) routes
  3. stay shallow with routes, catch the ball short and run long
  4. crossing routes (“mesh”) with the wide receivers
  5. TE in the alley or fades to the wide receivers
  6. running plays
  7. use motion
Understanding Coverages and Attacking them with the Passing Game