Old 09-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Our Infatuation with Sliders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
I sit here 2 weeks into the NFL season without an active CCM due to the horrid CPU gameplay, I think back and wonder why the hell did we all pay 65 bucks for a game that we actually have to work on to improve.
That part can be a pleasure - working to improve the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
We are all doing the job that EA should have completed. We dont even have working sliders, I mean come on. When will we wake up and notice the bullshirt. Would you take your car to the shop to get new tires installed but you personally had to fill em up and screw em in, on top of that pay full price for the labor?[...] Its just not right to the consumer to put in all of this work year after year and we are the one paying, it should be the other way around where they put in all the work and we pay for a completed product[...]Sometimes we have to say "Enough is Enough", as a cop I can't go half-assed into any job I have or I will have no JOB... But as a Game Developer it seems like they can go half-assed into a game and its okay because after release date they can release a whole bunch of Patches "Band aids" to fix the mess ups[...]
Hey, its this community that, I believe, EA is preying on. The very community of critics (OS, versus, apex etc are the ones who are engulfing their pockets with undeserved quantities of cash for a game that they clearly see is not worthy of their cash! It's this very community of critics that should be taking a stand but since all EA really see's we do is complain, criticize, and "tweak" - their solution is.. well, "if they're still buying the product.. we'll give them more to complain and criticize and in the end they will be satisfied with more 'tweaking'".

The adult community is looking like a bunch of kids now - ADD kids who can't let go of controlling and tinkering with all these damn settings! Some of the tweaks I see these supposed 'experts' suggest makes the game look even more horrid with skittish animations and skittish sliders. At least all 50's looks pleasant and in order. The game is meant to have this 50/50 chance because it is meant to be played on 5 minute quarters on ALL-PRO - they have to cram all the action we see in a 60 minute game into a 5minute qtr concept.

The kids in public schools and high-school, 95% could care less or even know how to tweak a game and are looking to just "play"! Its no wonder the damn offline community is getting shafted... We gotta grow up folks.. the kids aren't going to take a stand for something they don't even appreciate nor understand, "sliders"..

The reality is, this community of critics is not as wide as the community who just 'play'.. It is a niche community who wants to tailor the game to their 15minute qtr system. How do you even have the time in your adult life to finish multiple seasons on that qtr length while still complaining and tweaking?!

I'll be frank, we've been succumb to a bunch of control freaks who are desperate for attention. I too have spent too much time in the lab on what I would reduce to unproductive idle time. I will no longer be sucked into this tangled web of nervousness any longer. I've had my satifaction with this game just playing - its when I become critical that I lose the fun factor. You can't play and have fun while judging the game with a constant critical eye.. ugh

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-17-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove