View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #14
GiantBlue76
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: From jumping LBs to jumping DTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I suggest we as gamers stop letting EA Tiburon off the hook for intentional design decisions like this. It's common sense that a DT engaged at the LOS with a 45 jump rating should not be jumping like that to bat down a pass, so that animation has no business triggering in that scenario for that player.

That should be unacceptable because it's not such a major "fix", imo. It's these kind of things in Madden, that clearly show how screwed up the foundation for creating the game seems to be. So many things in Madden give me the impression of people that just want to get the job done, with little regard for the integrity of the process. I think that's why Madden game play "is what it is".
This is a perfect example of one of those "little" things that the other game does so well that the Tiburon developers seem to think don't matter. I don't have an issue with a lineman attempting to bat down a pass. I DO have an issue with EVERY single lineman batting down passes the exact same way. Once again, personnel means nothing. Not to mention, the player movement stinks as usual. He is in the middle of being blocked, yet there is no struggle to show that he's fighting off the block to attempt to bat down the pass. He looks like he is signaling TD more than he's attempting to bat down a pass. However, in Madden, the decision was made as soon as the ball was thrown that he was batting it down, so the animation dictates the outcome. This here is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with Madden and is representative of how the developers at Tiburon make this crappy game.