View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #623
Money99
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Some good points, Money.

I don't see The Show abandoning its Analog pitching mechanic. I like both systems and don't really see a need for The Show to change. The only suggestion I have is to make hitting your target more unpredictable.

The commentary certains needs more lines. I like when Matt brings up things like 'today is Jackie Robinson Day' and says a few more things and then ... nothing. All that dead air is a shame because that's a perfect spot for Dave or Eric to chime in with something related to what Matt just announced.

MLB Today would be cool, but I'd rather see an NBA Live 10 Rewind system where you can go back and play previous dates on the calendar and try and change the outcome. The problem with MLB Today is that the lineups/pitching matchups were never 100% accurate. It would make more sense to have the mode run a day behind the actual calendar so you could have the true lineups/pitchers each team used.
That's my biggest issue I think.
I played both games last year and I just found myself liking some of the dynamics of 2K more than the Show.
I recognize all the incredible things MLB does, but I just loved the Analog pitching, hitters eye and multiple defensive ratings.

I wish I could merge the two, but I suppose that statement's been said for several competing games over the years.