View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
mjh91
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7
My thoughts from my first CCM Off-Season

Before you think this is a post bashing the mode, it's not. Please don't take this as a negative post, as I'm putting a lot of thought into it. I am trying to enjoy what we have been given. However, there are a few things that bother me. I will say I absolutely love the scouting system. At first I thought it would be very time consuming but I really enjoy it. Onto the parts that bother me.

First off, player retirement. From what I have observed, only the top names will be announced via the Twitter portion. Ray Lewis, Tony Gonzalez, Terrell Owens, etc. For my Bears, I found Roberto Garza missing from the roster. No update or notification of this whatsoever. I feel like I don't know what's going on around the league, and I'm one who actually reads every tweet that is produced.

Next is free agency. I wasn't a fan of last year's version of the bidding system, but I prefer it over what we have this year. You make offers to players and advance the week. You get no notification you signed a player unless you go to the "My Signings" portion or you actually go to your roster. The last week of free agency is poorly implemented as well, because you advance to the next stage of events but have no idea if you signed your targeted players.

The last thing that really bothered me about the Off-Season was the draft. I don't like how there's only a certain amount of teams willing to trade with you and you can't negotiate when you're at the trade screen. I also found that there are too many talented players available in the later rounds. I'm sorry, but there shouldn't be a handful of projected 2nd rounders available in the 7th round (two of them went undrafted).

I understand this is the inaugural year of CCM and it has a ton of potential. However a few simple things that were taken out has hindered it a bit. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast through my first year.

Hopefully some of these changes are added to strengthen the mode for the good.

Last edited by mjh91; 09-19-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove