Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
WilesThing
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Pass block glitch is determined by the handedness of the QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by phukwiddit
You're right, it's not altogether slider related. Really observant of you to identify the glitch is related to the handedness of the QB. Sure enough, I tried the Eagles (Vick's a lefty) and the glitch was happening on the other side. I see you have identified certain plays where this glitch happens. In my experience I found that it doesn't matter what defensive play, but the glitch happens whenever the offense does a 5 step dropback. I thought I had it fixed because with a pass block setting of 73 I was able to block the two best outside linebackers, Clay Matthews and Von Miller but somehow because their acceleration is so high they engage quicker which seemed to allow the OT to recover earlier in the block sequence and sustain the block, but then lower rated OLBs and REs were still slipping by. One way around this glitch is to call a line audible to block toward the glitch side, but this only solves it for the HU player. A pass block setting of 87 works better it reduces the chances of the glitch happening no matter who the defender is. With the 87 setting, out of 20 5 step drop backs it glitched 6 times.
It was actually your thread about the pass block glitch and how to mitigate it that led me to testing this out. I wasn't able to reproduce the glitch with the 5 step drop passes that I was testing. It wasn't until I stumbled on certain play combinations that I started triggering the glitch, and those particular examples were shotgun passes with no dropbacks.

I also tried turning the pass blocking slider all the way to 100 to see if that would counter the push off of the DEs. In my testing, there was very little effect. Jason Peters, who is a great pass blocker, was only able to reengage Orakpo after he did the push off glitch maybe 10-20% of the time with the slider cranked up. The rest of the time, Orakpo performed the glitch like normal.

I'm no expert on this issue or these sliders by any means, so if you're seeing results that counter this glitch, that's good news. I just wasn't able to reproduce them myself. But hopefully with people talking about this and trying to find workarounds, EA will get it on their radar and fix whatever's causing it. This and CPU RBs having a hard time running are my biggest pet peeves with the game.