View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
King Gro23
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY

In the back of my head I have wondered this for the last few years playing madden but I haven't ever tested it enough and knew what to look for when testing so I kinda just threw the idea in the "Sounds cool but won't try" pile.

I've wondered if/when we crank up Pass interference if that makes the AI aware that if they get physical or contact WR they will act like it's nothing (reason we see bumps/sliding and what not, but minimal interaction in order to avoid a penalty. So they will cheat the system to avoid penalties and will be less aggressive in the air.

Clipping I noticed when it is too high the routes players take to block are hindered greatly. It's so evident on Kick-offs and Punt returns, ever notice your blockers when your running across the field or at an angle and they have a guy they could of blocked by they let them pass and they run on their back hip (So as the runner you think oh cutback and they will get smash by blocker once they turn shoulders and what not) Wrong blockers will push them in the back for a obvious dumb clip, or they we let them switch direction and cutback with you and then hold them. The infamous holding penalty happens when you change direction to extremity.

Offsides too high makes the line flinch but they never truly ever get fooled and jump offside only if you hike the ball while they are jump snap flinching & in neutral zone

Now I wonder if assuming the OP statement is true and accurate if there is a way to tune gameplay to become better and more fundamental, and still recieve flags for the games violations. I hate the lack of penalties already as is.. Not to start any problems but It was funny in anticipation for Madden 13 over the summer I would play All-Pro Football 2k8 (with updated NFL rosters) & NFL 2k5 with updated rosters and in 1 game of each I seen 11 different types of penalties I never see in madden

- Inelligble man downfield
- Throw pass the LOS
- Offensive & defensive pass interference
- Illegal touching
- Intentional grounding
- Offsetting penalties ;penalties on both teams
-Holding in the endzone
- 2 penalties on same team
- Defensive holding
-Illegal hands to face

I seen all of those penalties within a 3 game span playing APF 2k8 & NFL 2k5

I wish madden would have effective and true penalties like 2K sports could implement it opens up everything and just adds that much more realism. & The proof in the pudding was always shown in replays user control & game que'd it was awesome!
Just another madden script waiting to be debunked

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43