View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Smoke6
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is TE Lead Passing on Streaks Legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Another way the can deal with this within the framework of zone coverage is to have the linebackers in zone chuck the TE's. If the linebacker on the line of scrimmage is in hook, buzz or flat, the could have him chuck the TE and the release him slowing down the timing. Or they can have them chuck then shadow them up the field. They cannot say the do not have that animation in the game because they've showcased it in NCAA. Chuck and release and chuck and shadow. They have the solution to the problem. Will they implement it?
I just got beat by a guy who just done this to me online, his final play to seal the deal was the 2TE streaks and the RB out of the backfield run str8 thru the LOS unchallenged and he lead passed to the RB with like 4 guys surrounding him and none of them even bothered to try and swat the ball.

On the opposite end of this spectrum, his defenders were warping to swat passes they had no business doing. I ran a 3wr set and sent manningham on a streak while my opponent was in 3-4, Manningham ran right by the inside LB and the OLB and I threw to the 5yd gap in between them and the MLB just warped and swatted the ball down and i had to punt. Cant get them to do this to save my life on streak from the TE position to save my life. Lost many games due to this and its frustratin because everyone is doing it and even if you do manage to stop it, they keep doing no matter what hoping it will eventually work like it has been for them.

Sad man, this is one of the biggest issues I have thats holding this game back from being great again to me. With this fixed, then its really more skilled game online instead of the cheese fest it is now with the way its implemented now. Especially seeing how the TE isnt even looking for the ball when they make these throws to know its been thrown 5yds away from him on any shoulder