View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #34
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Remember when the dev team said no more supermen on D?

@wheelman990, great post sir. Clear visual evidence of that play but people will explain away whatever they want to. Like I said, if someone isn't bothered by this or honestly hasn't experienced it, good for them but I don't see why they feel the need to try to "explain" it away to others.

I really don't think there is any limitations to what animations players can access based on ratings or position in Madden and that seems to be allowing these types of things, Then there is the point you made about no player likely being able to make that play, especially contorting his body like that but even if they could it's a spectacular catch animation so why is it a routine trigger?

I think the proof of a complete lack of ratings and position based animation variation stems from the famous, infamous in Madden, David Tyree catch, that triggered routinely. These are the type of things that make some people question the talent level at Tiburon but I think again comes back to intentional design decisions to make the game "fun". Like that forearm shiver tackle, shoulder charge or whatever it is that's still in the game, that looks like something out of wrestling. They take spontaneous unscripted rare moments and turn them into routine animations in Madden. Yet things that are routine to football, like various techniques, end zone celebrations, certain penalties, nagging injuries, etc are seldom seen or completely nonexistent.

There is NO WAY to make an unrealistic NFL simulation video game, it's like being a little pregnant, it has to be one or the other. Either Madden is trying to be a NFL simulation video game or unrealistic and at this point it is clear which.