View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
StraightBaylien
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12
Your 5 Favorite Players?

This is not for your TOP 5 players, but just your 5 FAVORITE players to play the game in any era. For whatever reason, you followed these guys' careers...

I'll start

Drazen Petrovic - This kid could have gone down as one of the greatest scorers in NBA history. His pure shooting ability was one of the best I've ever seen. Pull ups and spot ups were normally money for Draz. Great European talent

Ronny Turiaf - This one is odd, but I managed to meet Turiaf on a plane when he played for Gonzaga. I was seated right next to him. I had no idea who he was, but was reading a paper and saw an article about Gonzaga which coincidentally enough had a pic of ol' Ronny in it. I turned and asked if that was indeed him, he was so modest as he affirmed it. We had a great talk over the next few hours. One of the nicest people I've ever met on this planet.

Derek Fisher - Being a Warriors AND Lakers fan, seeing the work this guy put in as a member of my two favorite squads almost automatically grants him a spot. But alternately, when he played for any other team, he still put it all on the line and did everything he could to help his team win. One of those Coach on the Floor type players. Imo, one of the best team mates a player could ask for.

Scottie Pippen - Defense is the most under appreciated commodity in basketball. It is so hard to measure a good defender based on stats. Just because you got a lot of steals, doesn't mean you were a good defender. Scottie was. Scottie stole the ball at will, blocked shots unexpectedly, and when playing a man straight up, could lock him down. On the other end Pip was one of the best slashers and finishers at the rim, all while playing second horn behind the best of all time and yet he still shined. Top 20 Player ever.

Darrel Arthur - I just love the dude's game. Athletic, committed and a decent IQ. On the break he can catch and oop or run the floor and dish it off. Great mid range J and post game. Just a great player that I hope finds a niche and a team in this league to shine within.

Honorable Mentions: Mark Price, Alonzo Gee, Bobby Jones

Who are all your favorite players?
Advertisements - Register to remove