View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #433
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Here is an abbreviated Box Score from the pre-season game...

Philadelphia Eagles at New England Patriots
Aug 7, 20121ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Philadelphia Eagles (CPU)0036--9
New England Patriots (USER)31009--22
Team Stats Comparison

PHINWE
Total Offense266235
Rushing Yards7083
Passing Yards196152
First Downs1115
Punt Return Yards1822
Kick Return Yards12332
Total Yards407289
Turnovers33
3rd Down Converstion5-157-18
4th Down Conversion1-11-1
2-Point Conversion0-10-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/10/2
Penalties3-253-25
Posession Time25:0734:53
Philadelphia Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Vick1/21600
T. Edwards18/3319612
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. McCoy891.10
D. Lewis8222.70
D. Jackson2157.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
D. Lewis44711.70
L. McCoy35618.60
M. McNutt2126.01
New England Patriots
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
T. Brady6/75100
R. Mallett17/2914302
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D. Woodhead16764.70
S. Ridley461.50
S. Larsen188.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
R. Gronkowski55911.80
A. Hernandez4235.70
M.Slater3299.60

Obviously since it was just a pre-season game the stats are going to look a bit off, but most importantly the game FELT RIGHT. Once the backups came in Mallett was having his struggles getting the ball into the endzone in the redzone and had some awful throws. Edwards was Edwards and was spraying it all over but eventually got things rolling in the 4th and put together a TD drive.

All my INTs were warranted. I was trying to squeeze a couple balls into too tight of spaces for Mallett and he payed the price. One of Edward's INTs was off a lazy screen pass where my DB read it and Pick 6'ed it from the eagles 25, the other was off of a tipped ball. Both mine and theirs seemed realistic.

I was sacked 5 times, all of which came when the backups were on the field. Could of been because my lower string receivers weren't running routes properly, could of been the backup O-Line. I do remember in the pre-season the Patriots having trouble on the O-Line, so that checks out but I will keep my eye on it anyways. The sacks on Edwards were all realistic and mostly coverage sacks where he was panicking and started to scramble a bit...definitely something I could see happening to Trent in real life.

There were 6 forced fumbles. I would say half of which seemed unwarranted. 2 were on QB blindsides and one on Woodhead you could actually see the tackler's hand come in contact with the ball when wrapping for the tackle. The other ones seemed some what cheesy. I might drop the Fumble slider for both for the next game and see what happens. Kind of crazy that with fumble at 7 I am still seeing that many fumbles. Is 6 in a game a normal thing? Seems kind of high but once again we are talking about a pre-season game with backups.

But most importantly, like I said earlier, it all felt right. I am not too hell bent on stats, especially for these pre-season games, I just want a good feel and flow to a game...and the stats should work themselves out. You are going to see some anomalies from time to time, and that is what truly makes it realistic. This one felt great. It was a struggle when the backups came in, Brady did his work, and the CPU missed 2 long FGs. Something I haven't seen too much of in M13. There was also a delay of game called on the CPU...awesome. The 13 sec play clock kept the game moving at a good clip and it kept a constant feel of urgency on the whole thing. No relaxing or getting lazy and no over hot routing. Made it fun.

One final thing I also saw that was a bit annoying was that almost EVERY snap when I was on defense the CPU would hard count and every time one of my D-Lineman would jump, sometimes all of them at the same time, and they never got an offside call. Nothing too horrible just got annoying to see it almost every snap.

So all in all, I actually had fun playing this game...in pre-season no less! Please let me know some suggestions for the fumbles and offside issues I am having. I don't want to throw off balance of everything else, so any suggestions would be great. I want to have these down by Week 1 of the Regular Season. Pretty sure I want to roll with these in my new Simulation Style CCM. Good work my friend. Good work.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

Bro the thread REALLLLLY appreciates your support and comments. From the PM's and thread feedback that I am getting, most if not all really like the "feel" of the game.... It feels closer rather than farther from the game we all love to watch on Sundays....It is by no means perfect, but damn does this beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaatch play closer to the real thing....

I kid you not, I am seeing outstanding individual play animations that I have NEVER seen on Madden before. I have had blocked punts, blocked field goals. I have had the CPU pull off fake punts, I see DB's perfectly time a pass deflection, I have seen BEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSST WR's go up and "out-wrestle" a DB for a ball when the DB had better position. I see the better QB's being able to "thread" a corners, posts, down and outs, fades that I typically never saw before... With a good QB, I can actually "arc" the ball over the defense on a fade and if timed right see the beautiful separation that my WR gets on the DB as my WR breaks away from the coverage... And yes, the younger QB's have a more difficult time performing with theses sliders.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, YOU HAVE TO STRATEGIZE for these sliders to bear fruit. This slider set is for guys that know and understand how football is played and are somewhat good with the sticks. Dudes that know the pros and cons of Cover Zones vs. Man to man. Dudes that know when is the right time to blitz and having the confidence and knowledge to use the corner blitz packages. Hot reads ARE critical with this set.

That having been said, the consensus seems to be the following:

1) Futz with the fumble slider

2) Futz with the INT slider

3) CPU and HUM pass defense may be a tad too aggressive in coverage, causing unrealistic pass deflections and or interceptions (read below)

In the games I have played, there DOES seem to be a higher number of interceptions than the NFL average. Fixing this is an issue of understanding what is going on. Simply moving the INT slider "down" does not properly address the issue. You see, an INT should happen, MORE often than not, on lame ducks put up by the QB (ie floaters, double/triple coverage, arc throws that are not properly timed, not timing the throw properly in a zone coverage look, in other words don't throw the rock in such fashion that your dude is going to be IN THE ZONE when the ball arrives, time your throw so that it arrives just as your dude is IN BETWEEN ZONES). If you futz with the INT slider ONLY, then poorly thrown balls will no longer cost you. I think that the way to address the problem is to futz with the PASS REAC slider/INT slider/WR CAT slider, simultaneously... In other words, the issue is a function of, AT LEAST, those three slider combined. My honest assessment is that I would move the REAC slider and INT slider in tandem first, before futzing with the WR CAT slider... Again, we are all beta testing so the answers will not come out until we test, futz, test, futz, record info, test, futz, record info, test, futz, etc. It is a tedious process, this is why I unleashed the RAW BETA set and not a POLISHED final set. The threads help is CRITICAL to get a good set of sliders completed to benefit all stick jockeys playing M13.

My take on the fumble issue is as follows: WRAP up the damn rock!! Every ball carrier that plays on Sunday's knows this. Also, it modifies your play calling, meaning running "solo" with your RB to the outside, exposes the rock to "hand pokes", "helmet spears", and flat out "violent collisions" that should all typically create the rock popping out of your possession.

As far as the QB in the pocket goes, the time in the pocket, which is increased by good offensive linemen, has a significant effect on a QBs ability to complete passes. The natural first pass at trying to establish this would be to look for a direct correlation between completion percentage and time in the pocket while adjusting for the distance of the throw. While a small positive correlation can be found, it does not seem to be of the magnitude one might expect, or at least I would not expect. This could be a function of the size of the data set, and that more data will demonstrate a stronger correlation, but I think that the complexities of the game of football, are more the culprit. There are a host of factors that could effect the relationship between time in the pocket (even adjusted for distance of the throw) and completion percentage. One area that is clear however, is that when a QB is under pressure, their completion percentage (adjusted for the distance of the throw) drops. In the 2007, when Peyton Manning is under pressure, his adjusted completion percentage drops from 86% to 46% and when Tom Brady is under pressure, his adjusted completion percentage drops from 71% to 39%. There is also a very direct connection between how long a QB holds the ball and the probability that they are under pressure. The graph below demonstrates the "survival function" or the estimated probability that a QB will not be under pressure, for any given length of time in the pocket.

This graph looks about like we could expect it to. As time in the pocket increases, the probability that the QB is not under pressure drops and the probability drops the fastest between 2 and 3 seconds. This suggests that the average offensive line has a fairly high probability of keeping their QB free of harassing defensive players for about two seconds, but there is only about a 40% chance that the QB will have 3 seconds without pressure.

This helps provide a baseline for the overall quality of an offensive line. Lines (or individual linemen) that can help increase this probability, can help increase the overall efficiency of the offense. Additionally, linemen that can increase the No Pressure probability, also provide the playcallers with increased flexibility in areas such as depth of routes and number of receivers running routes (as opposed to staying in to help block).

So in essence, if we futz with the fumble slider too much, we lose a great deal of the realism regarding exposing the rock or being able to stay in the pocket forever and not pay the price with a blindside fumble... I purposefully tried to set the fumble slider to the lowest threshold possible without it OVER-CHEESING. But it is quite possible, that I went too far, this is why feedback like yours IS ULTRA critical ....

Thank you for your support, keep playin' and keep reportin' in...

Peace