View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #462
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I am amazed how much changing a slider 5 points up or down can change the game so much. I fitzd with the USER WR Catching, found passing for the user a little easy so I lowered it to 43 and with that change plus lowering CPU Pass Defense Reaction from 50 to 40 I suddenly was an INT machine.

Thats what people need to realize that you can adjust the rate of INTs and pass defense in more than one way. Lowering the USER WR Catching made my guys stop bailing me out on passes near coverage and not go after the ball resulting in more CPU INTs even though I left CPU Interceptions at 55. I like it at 55 as if it hits them in the hands I WANT them to catch it. 45 is a good number for WR Catching lower and the WRs stop making plays on the ball it seems. I am fitzing with CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time and Speed Threshold to boost the CPU coverage. Its all trial and error there's more than one way to fix a problem. Small adjustments!

I will update my own thread with whatever settings I land on but I don't want to hijack MarketingWiz's thread so I want post it too much in here if you are curious you can see what I am using at the current time here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html once I update it but I update it quite frequently so what I use at 9 am I probably have changed already at 10 am.

Cool, I'll be sure to check it out... Don't turn into a stranger and abandon us again, share your work and insights!

On a side note, a general memo to all that are working on their sliders combinations:

1) To do this properly, YOU SHOULD PICK a team that has an average starting QB, a BEAST RB, average WR's, above average defense.... My favorite "test" team to use is the Jaguars.... This is important because this way your passing sliders SHOULD not make Gabbert look like Brady.... Gabbert should look like Gabbert has thus far in the NFL.... Making him any better and you have defeated the purpose of reality sim sliders.... Same goes for the HUM running game... MJD is beast.... You should tune the HUM running sliders and set your house rules to reflect achieving the type of numbers that MJD should get against stud defenses, good defenses, and average defenses. This is the same for HUM WR's and HUM Defense... In other words, as the Jaguars, you should finish a season with about 5 wins give or take a win.... If you finish with 7 wins or better, your sliders ain't right bud....

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.