View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #496
MarketingWiz
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I am making some good progress with my adjustments to your set been doing lots of testing close to playing a full game and posting stats.

Two things I have come to find:

1. For me personally I realized that while Total Control Passing (aiming the pass with the left stick) is very fun it also makes the game incredibly easy. I can place the pass wherever I want on every throw with any QB. Mark Sanchez plays like T. Brady even with QB Accuracy as low as 4. Lower than 4 isn't really playable. I got frustrated because I was finding the USER passing too easy and I came up with the solution of just using pressing the receiver button without left stick influence and he has brought much more enjoyment for me. It may sound unappealing but it makes the QBs ratings you are using matter much more. I have to really choose my targets and spread the ball around. No longer can I overuse the drag or curl routes. Using TCP pressing up on a short route across the middle of the field pretty much guaranteed a first down and im happy now with how the passing game is with just pure button passing. Every pass is risk and reward, and my receivers ratings matter more as well. If I need a first down I damn sure better pass to a guy who has space ahead of him and enough speed/awareness to get to the first down marker. Just feels like real football to me. I fitzed with all the corresponding sliders related to the USER Passing game and think I found my sweet spot.

2. I discovered when I moved CPU Break Tackles from 95 to 97 it seemed to make the CPU RB perform markedly worse. He was doing fine at 95 I just wanted to see if I could boost him any further and noticed moving to 97 he actually went back to the 'juke into my line' mindset. It tells me how important is to make slight changes and nothing huge and I have been adjusting things with that perspective

3. A house rule I added to ensure variety and I am enjoying is on offense I call each passing play only once per every three drives. Adds another layer of strategy. I have no limit on running plays just passing. Wished I could use custom playbooks to add/remove plays but this is the second best option I find. I've been sorting plays by Play Type instead of Formation and it makes tracking what i've used much easier.

I'll be playing a lot on the weekend, the guy posting the boxscores above me has some amazing results props to you MarketingWiz these sliders are the holy grail! The truth! Me thinks more people need to get on board

My brudda from anudda mudda: I feel you pimp....

1) I also found this to be true.... This is why I decided early on NOT TO use the Total Control Passing (TCP) early on in my lab testing.... I was THRASHING the Cardinals, Ravens, 49'ers, Giants, Texans, welll, you get the point.... I came to the conclusion that simply pressing the appropriate receiver button WOULD BEST REFLECT the attributes of the HUM QB that I was supposed to be interpreting in a virtual fashion

2) "He-he-he-he-he-he-he," snickered the sensai.... Dude, NOW DO YOU ALL BELIEVE ME THAT I SPENT HOURS tuning these bad boys?!?!?!?! The numbers are set to a particular setting for a reason.... If you mess with most of any of the sliders, you have to concurrently mess with other sliders in the set as well.... In this case, CPU BREAK TAKL is related to HUM TAKL, and indirectly related to HUM RUN REACT and HUM BLK SHED... In fact, I have sneaky suspicion that even certain penalty sliders may affect the "blocking engagment" times of the O-line.... The moral to the story my soto-deshi (そとでし), is that you must tread with caution when messing with the sensai's body of work.... "He-he-he-he-he-he-he," snickered the sensai...

Out.

KEEP PLAYIN'! KEEP POSTIN'! KEEP MADDENING!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.