First Downs1814
Punt Return Yards3113
Kick Return Yards880
Total Yards407327
Turnovers03
3rd Down Converstion11-20(55%)4-9(44%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3-4(75%)1-2(50%)
Penalties5-352-20
Posession Time37:2922:31
Jacksonville Jaguars
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Gabbert JAX19/33
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Jones Drew JAX23974.20
R. Jennings JAX10303.00
C. Williams JAX591.80
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J. Blackmon JAX7517.21
M. Lewis JAX5224.40
L. Robinson JAX45914.70
Z. Miller JAX2178.50
M. Thomas JAX11616.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
J. Mincey JAX

T. Knighton JAX

A. Smith JAX

D. Cox JAX

D. Cox JAX

R. Mathis JAX

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Brown JAX4/51/11350
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Anger JAX420150.21
Minnesota Vikings
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C. Ponder13/2723123
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
A. Peterson191055.50
C. Ponder133.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Peterson616327.11
P. Harvin2178.50
J. Simpson22211.00
J. Felton22311.51
D. Aromashodu166.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
B. Robison

K. Williams

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
O. Mare0/02/220
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
C. Kluwe418746.71

After much badgering by the fans of this slider set, I have relented and posted a box score using a modified beta slider set ... I say modified because I have made some tweaks based on feedback and my own lab testing....

Dissect the stats, ask me questions.....

Summary:

Strategy going into the game was ball control and blitz the young QB. As you can see from the stats, this pre-game strategy worked against the Vikes on the road. Had my way with time of possession all game long, but just could not find the end zone. Viking defense would bend but not break so I had to constantly settle for field goals. In fact, my only score came off a pick of Ponder, deep in their territory. I told myself to win the field position game, that way, Peterson and the Vikes would have to march 80+ yards every possession to beat me. Peterson concerned me, because based on his attributes he is tough to stop and can break a homerun at any moment and did just that on one particular screen play.... I felt that on the road, M13 has shown to play tougher against the visiting team, so I knew going in that the Viking AI was going to be juiced against me. My only bet to win was to take away Ponder's passing game and force some turnovers in Viking territory. I was able to execute the gameplan, close to perfection.

I say close to perfection, because I actually almost lost the game in the 4th quarter with less than 35 seconds to go, because Ponder had the Vikes in the red zone. My defense stiffened up and Ponder eventually drove the Vikes to the 9 yard line with 3rd and Goal and less than 5 seconds on the clock....

Decision of the game.... Look for the draw/play action/screen play, with a base 4-3 set and stay in my lanes, or throw a "corner-hook zone blitz" forcing the young QB into a pressure situation throw, into the tight zones, my defense was sitting in.

Decided on the pressure. I had been burned all game by the screen play to A. Peterson as the stats show, so I was TRULY unsure what the hell the Vikes were going to do... The only certain thing is that they had to score a touchdown. Vikes called a 5 step drop pass play, I crashed the left tackle side of the O-Line, with CB and LB's, Ponder must have thought that he had a window on the left side, because initially his read was a curl to Harvin at the Z, but I had my CB on him like a fly on trash, so he looked at his second option over the middle, but the X receiver was behind the zone coverage along the back of the end zone, low percentage throw... A. Peterson had checked down on the flat, off the right tackle, and sat in front of the zone coverage, approximately at the 5 yard line, so throwing to Peterson was probably going to end up a tackle at the 3 yard line or 2.... The only play was the TE running a drag/cross to the left corner of the endzone.... For a second, the TE was open, but the pressure forced Ponder to leave the pocket to his right, killing his window of opportunity to set his feet and make an accurate throw... Ponder threw a dart toward the TE Rudolph that had zip but lacked accuracy, a little too much air under it, and as the ball reached Rudolph, my FS reacted to the play, stepped in front of Rudolph for an interception in the end zone.

Game over.

Boys, I am not one to pat myself on the back, but these SLIDERS are BEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAST for those Maddenites that love and crave a challenging Madden sim experience.

I have been playing Madden since its inception, and I have NEVER had as much fun as I am having at the present time. Do I wish that All-Madden worked? Certainly, but I must tell you that I am playing all out against the CPU with some basic vanilla house rules to avoid cheesing up my approach, and games with this slider set are fricking challenging. Wins are typically NOT GIMMIES. I had to earn this win and had to stick to my game plan to come away with the victory, as it should be.

I urge all Maddenites looking for a challenge to give these bad boys a whirl.... They are not perfect, but damn do they deliver a lot of realistic football action....

About 65% done with my vetting of the beta set.... Some things have changed, for the better of course, and hope that I can wrap things up and deliver some tweaks within the next two weeks.... I got some work to catch up on, so I may be "in-communicado" for a bit.... I'm not worried though, because I think the thread has enough traction that it could plug along with less of me and more of you peeps....

Peace brah's

KEEP PLAYIN'! KEEP POSTIN'! KEEP MADDENING!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-26-2012 at 03:18 AM.