View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #28
Al_Tito13
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders

Switched to tuner 1.04 from 1.00. Also made some changes to the sliders.

I tested it last night and liked what I saw from tuner 1.04. There was finally a good number of penalties called.

The gameplay seems good right now, so I hope EA won't touch to it too much going on. Only things I would like to see tuned or patched are:

- Tune down goalies anticipation / lateral movements speed / number of desperate saves.

Great passing plays are more difficult to make this year because of better defense, which is a good thing, but when we are able to make them, it should be pretty high percentage shots. Right now, when on a 2-on-1, it's pretty useless and irrelevant to try for a pass, because even if we beat the defenseman with the pass, which is not easy to do, the goalie will stop it almost every time. Every goalie in the game has superhuman anticipation and lateral movements this year and they also make a lot of desperate saves. These kinds of saves are pretty rare in real life and that explains the wow factor surrounding them, but in NHL 13, they happen every game, multiple times. This also can't be tuned with the goalie reaction speed slider, because the goalie will let in weak goals while still be great on passing plays and making desperate saves.

- Make CPU players use their sticks more and actually poke check the puck, what they almost never do right now.

- Make CPU players miss more passes.

- Correct some hits and hip checks where players can do a 360 in the air or go directly in the stands or pass through the board.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-30-2012 at 04:18 AM.